I wish I had a million dollars. Doesn’t everyone wish they had a million dollars? When you imagine and hope for a future or wish you are using the frontal lobes of your brain. Planning also uses the frontal lobes.
Next time I wish for a million dollars I will plan out how I can accomplish this. I mean I might as well seeing that my brain has the lobes active and running simply with the wish I am making.
- It provides direction
- reduces wasteful activity
- forces us to confront all the parts of the wish or goal
Planning is the first step to making a wish a reality. Werther we admit it or not we are always planning sometimes it seems like an unconscious act. We set alarms and plan to wake up a certain time everyday. We schedule appointments with people and make reservations at restaurants.
Purposefully planning is powerful and effective and good for your brain. Next time you find yourself wishing for something start a plan by asking and answering questions.
- how much money is a million dollars?
- what is my current salary?
- How many hours are required at my current salary to earn a million dollars?
- what are my expenses?
- what is my net income per month week hour?
- How long will it take if all net income is saved?
- Are there other income sources?
- How much income?
You may or may not save a million dollars but, planning makes us ask and answer some hard questions and then take action concerning these questions. Take time today to plan and engage with your wishes and dreams.
It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.Eleanor Roosevelt